The students leans about a performing arts school in
New York City. The students complete a written listening guide
while viewing "FAME". (re: substitute plan; professional leave:
LSU Choir Camp)
Bell Ringer: Listening Guide (handout)
(Hook) This movie is based upon the 1980 film which follows NYC
talent attending the New York City High School for the
Performing Arts, (Known today as Fiorello H. Laguardia High
School) students get specialized training that often leads to
success as actors, singers, etc.
During the opening scenes in auditions and orientation, it is
told that in 1936, New York City Mayor Fiorello H. LaGuardia
founded the High School of Music & Art in order to provide a
facility where the most gifted and talented public school
students of New York City could pursue their talents in art or
music, while also completing a full academic program of
instruction. In 1948, the School of Performing Arts was created
to provide training in performance skills to students who wished
to prepare for professional careers in dance
(TW/SW) Summary of Screen
Closure/ Wrap up & Exit Ticket: Complete
listening Guide and submit for credit.
Checking for Understanding (Possible
Questions)/ Lesson Assessment:
Name: ____________________________________ Date______________
Fame (The Movie) Questions Advisory
How many hours per day does it take to be as good as any of
What are the 2 things needed to succeed in
What percent of the students were admitted to
the PA (Performing Arts) school?
What else is needed to be successful in a
Fine Arts Career besides what you answered on #2?
What obstacles, outside of yourself do you
face to become successful in Fine Arts?
6. What was missing, according to the professor for Master
Travis to perform piano playing?
7. What was missing for Malik to be a successful actor?
8. What does it take to make your own business in the
Entertainment Industry? (name 4 things)
9. Why do some of the students hide some of their talents? (a
pianist can sing/a singer can play piano)
10. What does it take to be a performer on stage;
a) as far as the audience?
b) as far as the performer?
11. Is teaching a fall back career or a vocation?
12. What way can anyone take advantage of you in the
Entertainment field? (name 2) Has anyone tried to take advantage
of you in the Entertainment field?
13. Do you know what a dream killer is? Do you listen
to them? What are your dreams?
14. What happened to Joy?
15. What is the result of support or no support from you
family in your performance?
16. For your 12th grade performance – What will
you perform to graduate?